|Page (1) of 1 - 12/27/17||email article||print page|
Wooden Chess Board Manufacturer, The House of Staunton, Discusses Strategy for Chess Openings and Chess Principles
HUNTSVILLE, Ala., Dec. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Wood chess set supplier, The House of Staunton, shares five key chess principles and explains how to apply them in your opening game and beyond.
1. Develop your pieces. Piece development is one of the most important opening principles. It is meant to help players get ahead in the game by maximizing the power of each piece as soon as possible. To execute this principle, move each piece from its original position to a more advantageous position on the board. Begin by moving your Knights and Bishops. Once these pieces are strategically positioned, move stronger pieces into more profitable positions. Resist the temptation to move the same piece twice before all pieces are developed.
2. Control the center. The center of the chessboard is like the sun, and your strategy should revolve around the center of it. The center, particularly the squares e4, d4, and d5- are the most important areas on the chessboard. Controlling the center allows for more mobility of your pieces, as well as making the rest of the board easier to access. Attacks in the center of the board tend to be more effective as well.
3. Castle at the right time. Castling at the right time may be the next most important principle, especially during the opening of your game. Not only does castling protect your King, it helps develop the Rook. Therefore, it is best to castle by your 7th turn. If that is not possible, it should be a priority within your next three moves. While you castle and develop your Rook, make sure that you are (and have been) moving your pieces toward the center of the board.
4. Attack from multiple directions. At the onset of the game, as you develop your pieces, it is beneficial to plan several attacks from multiple directions. Of course, this is easier to do if you developed your pieces effectively and gained control over the center---or at least moved your players to places where they have several options.
5. Play aggressively. Chess is a game of strategy and endurance. It is not for the faint of heart. Play to win by making smart, calculated moves in your opening. Then, continue making clever moves throughout the rest of the game. You can do this by gaining control the center as early as possible, minimizing unnecessary risks, and respecting your opponent's skill. Never underestimate your opponent.
About The House of Staunton: The House of Staunton is an American locally owned and operated small business. For over 27 years, they have manufactured the world's finest chess equipment. They sell a wide variety of chess sets, chess boards, and chess boxes, and are the equipment provider for top chess tournaments worldwide. Their chess sets are featured in numerous movies and television shows as well as on book covers and in print ads!
Media Contact: Shawn P. Sullivan, The House of Staunton, Inc., 256.858.8070, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE The House of Staunton, Inc.
Copyright 2014 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved
Related Keywords:Office Equipment, Inc.,Television,Business,